What is Postnatal Yoga?
During a Postnatal Yoga session, we use breath, gentle yoga moves and poses to focus on our regaining strength and stamina and to tone in our abdominal muscles and pelvic floor.
We focus on:
* restoring the core and the pelvic floor
* specific asanas to relieve stress and tension from the shoulders
* breathing techniques that can both relax and rejuvenate the body and mind
* relaxation to calm and focus the mind
So Why do a Postnatal Yoga Class?
Becoming a mum is a wonderful and life changing experience. The lack of sleep and physical aches and pains that caring for a newborn brings can have an enormous strain on your physical and mental well-being, not to mention all the hormones still present in the body after delivery.
There are many benefits to Postnatal Yoga including:
* Strengthens the core and pelvic floor
* Releases stress and tension, particularly from the neck and shoulders which can take a lot of strain when pushing the buggy, carrying your baby, feeding and generally caring for your baby
* Can help to restore hormonal balance
* Realigns the spine and can promote better posture
* Promotes rest and relaxation
* Can help to prevent or reduce anxiety and depression
By taking time out for yourself, to breathe, connect, soothe and heal, you will be filling your cup in order to better care for your baby and family.
You will be able to join a session after you have had your 6 week check up with your GP (or 10 weeks after a C-section, providing the scar has healed and there are no resulting complications that may require a specialist).